We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and flexible Urban Designer with 5 to 10 years of experience in the field.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for design quality, appreciate attention to detail, and is capable of delivering projects under high level supervision. Our projects cover a broad spectrum of urban design work, including structure plans, precinct and town centre master plans, urban design advice on architectural projects, feasibility testing, design guidelines and working on multi-disciplinary design competitions.
With a focus on work/life balance combined with challenging yet rewarding opportunities, the GroupGSA ethos will inspire you to strive, ultimately reaching your potential whilst growing within an award-winning firm.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation, coordination and delivery of urban design concepts, studies, strategies and guidelines, as well as master planning, feasibility and architectural projects. The successful candidate must have produced plans, diagrams, presentations and reports as outputs for major projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to express conclusions visually and in writing.
- Understanding of local planning systems.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong graphic communications skills utilising the Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- AutoCAD proficiency preferred
- Strong team work skills combined with the ability to work autonomously.
- Understanding of various development typologies.
- Postgraduate degree in Urban Design (architectural design background preferable).
- Experience in preparing or contributing to tender submissions.
- Experience in liaising with clients and consultants.
- Experience running small teams.
- International experience in delivering large master planning projects.
- 3D ability: Sketch Up, Revit, Rhino
Remuneration will be in line with experience
Please send applications, addressed to Jenna Keyes via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are requested to limit applications including CV and portfolio to a combined maximum of 10 pages in PDF format and with a file size smaller than 5MB), and to include your “name” and the title “Urban Designer” in the subject field of the email.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.