Graduate Urban Designer - Sydney
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and flexible Graduate Urban Designer
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a keen eye for design quality, appreciate attention to detail, willingness to learn, and deliver work under supervision. Our projects cover a broad spectrum of urban design work, including structure plans, precinct and town centre master plans, urban design advice on architectural projects, feasibility testing, design guidelines and working on multi-disciplinary design competitions .
With a focus on work/life balance combined with challenging yet rewarding opportunities, the GroupGSA ethos will inspire you to strive, ultimately reaching your potential whilst growing within an award-winning firm.
- Keen interest in urban design, city making, urban strategy and placemaking.
- The successful candidate must have produced plans, diagrams, presentations and reports as outputs for major projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to express conclusions visually and in writing.
- Understanding of local planning systems.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong graphic communications skills utilising the Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Strong team work skills combined with the ability to work autonomously.
- Understanding of various development typologies.
- Relevant qualifications in Architecture and/or Urban Design).
- Experience in liaising with clients and consultants.
- 3D ability: Sketch Up, Rhino, Grasshopper
Remuneration will be in line with experience
Please send applications, addressed to Jenna Keyes via email - email@example.com
Applicants are requested to limit applications including CV and portfolio to a combined maximum of 10 pages in PDF format and with a file size smaller than 5MB), and to include your “name” and the title “Urban Designer” in the subject field of the email.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.